3rd blog
I read the poem "What i see daydreaming" by Sarah Villeda-Holmes and the theme in this poem is that you never know for sure what you see. In the poem Sarah is looking into a chalkboard and she see's different things when looking into the chalkboard.
The theme is that you never know what you see because in the poem Sarah say's "to me it looks like a dragon with spikes pushing their way out of the dragons body." That's what she see's at first but then she also said in the poem "if you move your head it looks like fishponds" but now that she is looking more into the chalkboard she notice's more things
The poem makes me think about when you see someone for the first time and you can imagine how the person acts, but then you meet that person and you what you imagine about that person changes. And the more you get to know someone the more you learn about them.Now what you imagine about a person is way different in the beginning then when you first seen them. Similar in the poem she first saw a dragon but she looked deeper into the chalkboard an saw something else that was way different from first time.
I picked this poem because I like the fact that she has an active imagination. That makes her creative and that makes the poem creative. I also like this poem because it reminds me of myself when i daydream and when I imagine things.
No comments:
Post a Comment